The Alliance Area Chamber of Commerce programs reflect the activities of the Chamber Women’s Division and committees to address their individual goals and objectives. The following is a list of highlights from the division and each committee:
The Women’s division was the first one of its kind in the state of Ohio and the seventh in the US. They support area nursing homes and shelters through mini-projects and give donations to various non-profit organizations. They have raised over $1,000.00 per year internally through such fundraisers as auctions and 50/50 drawings.
- Economic Development – The committee works closely with the city administration, townships, Alliance Area Development Foundation and the Stark Development Board to develop a comprehensive plan for the economic development of the Alliance area.
- Business Education – This committee focuses on partnerships between businesses and each area school system. Programs include “Teachers of the Month”, “Students of the Month,” and “Student Service & Citizenship Award” for those in grades 9 through 11.
- Legislative – Members of this committee sponsored a legislative breakfast that featured State Representative candidates John Boccieri and Randy Pope, and a program on the Stark County Sales Tax Issue. The committee endorsed the county sales tax as well as several school levies.
- Membership – The mission of the Membership Committee continues to develop an ongoing membership recruiting program to sustain and augment membership efforts to be used throughout the year.
- Project Development – Members help develop projects to enhance the city of Alliance and the surrounding area through efforts of the Chamber and interested community members.
- Business Alliance Awards – This is an annual luncheon honoring the businesses of Alliance with such awards as “Small Business of the Year,” “Large Business of the Year” and “Spirit of Enterprise. “Golden Spade” Awards are given to new and existing businesses in the Alliance Area for improvements or expansions to their business. Also presented at this program is the Community Legacy Awards, which are sponsored by The Review.
- Jim Fish Memorial Golf Scramble – One of the most anticipated events of the year is this annual golf tournament held at area member golf courses.
- Benefits Review – Members of this committee are constantly on the lookout for ways to make membership in the Chamber even more rewarding. They assist the President to review possible benefit programs for chamber members.