In 1944 seven professional women met to organize a Women’s Division of the Alliance Chamber, the first in the State, and the seventh in the US. As membership grew, its participation in community activities widened. Today, it has nearly 50 acive members representing more than 20 businesses and organizations in Alliance.
The Women’s Division seeks to
promote the spirit of commercial,
cultural, and educational progress
among the business and professional
women of Alliance.
A desire to foster goodwill through
collaboration with the Alliance Area
Chamber of Commerce to advance the
civic, cultural, educational, and health
interests of the City of Alliance is a focus.
The organization’s extensive
philanthropic efforts focus on raising
funds to support Alliance-area organizations
dedicated to the needs of women and
children in our community.